The purpose of the position is to serve as a Protocol Officer and Special Events Planner for events that directly involve the DCSA Director and/or Deputy Director. In this capacity, the incumbent serves as a member of the DCSA Headquarters staff, reporting to the Director's Executive Secretary.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analyst (Protocol and Special Events Planner) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as the Protocol Officer and Special Events Planner with responsibility for advising, planning, coordinating and executing events in support of the DCSA Director, Deputy Director, or designated senior representative.
- Responsible for the development and execution of all official events hosted by the Director, Deputy Director, or designated senior representative.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing detailed plans for all official functions; preparing and organizing read-ahead materials (such as briefing books), and presenting briefs to senior leadership; developing or reviewing itineraries, event agendas, scripts, and proposed remarks for the DCSA Director or Deputy Director; developing and managing guest lists; designing and managing invitations, event programs, and other print-related materials; and collaborating with internal/external stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible for managing and accounting for expenditures related to Official Representation Funds and applying basic resource, purchasing, and funds management principles, in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policy.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in selection of vendors and initial contract negotiations for events requiring external assistance.
- This position will require occasional travel to other DCSA locations to execute and oversee locally-held (within the greater National Capital Area) events hosted by the Director, Deputy Director, or designated senior representative.
- The position may require travel to other DCSA locations when necessary to provide on-site protocol support for events hosted by the Director, Deputy Director, or designated senior representative.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594364000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.