The incumbent serves as Branch Chief with primary responsibility for the design, interpretation, and reporting the outcome from studies designed to assess the potential health effects of substances in the environment.Learn more about this agency
- As a Supervisory Toxicologist you will serve as Branch Chief of the Systems Toxicology Branch (STB) responsible for:
- ~Improving and innovating how the capabilities of the STB are applied to contemporary and human-relevant public health challenges.
- ~Overseeing the performance of multiple concurrent toxicology and cancer studies of the effects of exposure to environmental substances on model systems.
- ~Partnering with toxicologists, chemists, pathologists, specialists in metabolism and kinetics.
- ~Collaborating with experts in genetic toxicity, in vitro screening and molecular modeling to design research programs tailored to the issues presented by individual substances under study.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594314400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.