You will serve as Associate Branch Head for the Materials Engineering BranchLearn more about this agency
- Do you have a strong desire to lead, inspire and develop people? Do you want your career to leave an enduring impact on others? Do you have a passion for exploration? If you answered yes, we want you! At NASA, the key to our success is our people.
- We recognize the vital role that supervisors play to empower our diverse workforce to achieve goals. At NASA, supervisors must have a unique combination of technical competence, individual energy, and the ability to connect with and motivate others.
- In return, we offer a range of missions and people to support, where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to work that matters while helping us create and sustain an environment that fosters connection, engagement, teamwork and innovation.
- Supervise and control the work of the organization. Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary to accomplish the work of the Branch.
- Provide technical oversight of Branch Materials and Processes Engineers (MPEs)
- Oversee the evaluation of materials, properties, and processes for aerospace applications; represent the Center in the development of Agency-wide materials and processes requirements.
- Manage technology development in the engineering applications of materials used in advanced aerospace systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594144500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.