This position is in the Office of Inspections (ISP), Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). ISP conducts inspections of overseas missions, domestic operating units, and high-risk areas or programs. The incumbent serves as a supervisor in the Inspection Operations Division, which is responsible for ISP’s planning, budget, and data analytics initiatives; administrative operations; and knowledge management program.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position:
- Supervises and manages a team of 4-7 individuals including direct hire employees, contractors, and rehired annuitants.
- Provides general overall direction to staff work activities and resolves unusual or precedent-setting administrative or programmatic issues staff encounter during the course of their work.
- Coordinates ISP’s planning, budget, and data analytics initiatives. Reports directly to the division director, Deputy Assistant Inspector Generals and Assistant Inspector General on annual and biennial planning activities, to include preparing ISP's contributions to OIG budget requests and strategic and annual planning documents.
- Directs the capture, reporting, and analysis of data relating to the organization’s operations, to include quarterly and annual performance metrics.
- Oversees ISP’s administrative programs and operations and ensures that support services are integrated and coordinated appropriately with OIG’s Executive Office.
- Directs ISP employee recruitment, orientation, and onboarding, including tracking the hiring and processing of new employees.
- Oversees the production of office-wide standard operating procedures and guidance on the interpretation and application of Federal, Department, and/or OIG policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of ISP’s knowledge management system, ensuring that the system meets the needs of inspection teams and OIG management.
Occasional travel - 25% less
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593812900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.