The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area which is considered: Kings, Queens, New York, Richmond, the Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Essex, Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Monmouth, and Fairfield counties. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of considerationLearn more about this agency
This Cook Position will be posted at one of several restaurants at Fort Hamilton Barracks. PD LINK
- Prepares a variety of dishes and baked goods by following standardized recipes at different levels of difficulty.
- Plans and coordinates a variety of steps to ensure all items are ready for serving at the same time.
- Makes modifications to recipes for ingredient quantities, number of servings, and size of equipment available.
- Monitors preparation of menu items by lower grade cooks and reviews menus and standardized recipes to ensure food items are made correctly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593721800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.