The Review Appraiser (RA) position is located in the Regional Loan Center (RLC) at the St. Paul Regional Office in St. Paul, MN. The RA is responsible for oversight of an assigned multi-state jurisdiction and will perform a full range of construction and valuation matters affecting the VA Loan Guaranty Program.Learn more about this agency
- Analyze the appraisals of real property, both existing and newly built properties, to ensure compliance with USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) and/or Department of Veterans Affairs appraisal procedures.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and proficiency in conducting oversight of completed construction and valuation related work completed done by lending institution staff and external appraisers.
- Assist Veterans, service members, and family members via written correspondence or phone to address construction and valuation related questions.
- Discuss issues with lending institution staff and real estate appraisers via email or phone and provide solutions to their inquiries.
- Manage multiple assignments to ensure proper and timely oversight of the construction and valuation aspects of the VA Home Loan program.
- Research comparable real estate sales information to determine market conditions and validity of value determinations.
- Analyze appraisal reports and utilizing standard appraisal techniques to determine the accuracy of the property value estimation.
- Travel overnight when required.
- Review condominium projects throughout the RLC's jurisdiction for compliance with VA regulations and requirements.
- Monitor the assignment of appraisal reviews to external appraisers and ensure completion of appraisals to prevent delay of loan closing or a foreclosure sale.
- Assess application packages and provide recommendations to management on potential qualified appraisers for the VA fee panel.
- Work with VA Regional Counsel on legal issues such as community water systems, private roads, easements and encroachments
- Responsible for a full range of construction and valuation matters affecting the VA Loan Guaranty Program, including the processing of construction complaints, reconsideration of valuate requests, and VA fee panel recruitment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593569000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.