The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) assigned to the VAPORHCS Outpatient Specialty Clinics, under the Division of Hospital and Specialty Medicine, provides outpatient clinical services for the subspecialties such as Medicine, Surgery, and Neurology. The Outpatient Specialty Clinics LPN/LVN functions as a team member under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.Learn more about this agency
The LPN/LVN is adaptable and prioritizes requests and adjusts care in response to clinic flow needs. S/he performs patient centered care to Veterans throughout the lifespan, completes clinical reminders and medication reconciliation as clinically indicated, and provides medical assistive care and administrative support when needed. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to observe, identify, and respond to the patients' need for nursing care, recognizing deviations from baseline. Nursing activities may include but are not limited to medication administration, wound care treatments, home meter downloading, urological procedures, suture and staple removal, capillary blood glucose test, equipment assisted care, electrocardiograms, cast removal, dermatological procedures, and use of safe patient handling equipment. S/he is responsible for patient education and documentation in nursing clinics and medication administration. The Outpatient Specialty Clinics LPN/LVN is expected to work in multiple clinics and areas and with multiple services within the duty station as needed to meet patient volume and acuity demands.
The LPN is responsible for:
- Technically proficient in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations;
- Carry out assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions;
- Uses judgement is selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments;
- Observes, identifies and responds to the patient's needs for care including medication equipment-assisted care and (patient/family education).
- Functioning at the full extent of the LPN's relevant clinical privileges, credentials, scopes of practice, elements of practice, certification, and other VHA or local facility documentation of competency;
- Participating in team performance improvements and sustainment activities to optimize team efficiency care delivery with Veterans;
- Implementing primary care operations management processes, as appropriate;
- Providing health education and health coaching on wellness, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and self-management skills with Veterans, family and caregivers,
- Engaging Veterans in using health care, encouraging Veterans to engage family and caregivers, receiving input from Veterans and caregivers regarding VA care;
- Using formal and informal communications that are respectful, effective, timely and bidirectional with all team members, including the Veteran and family/caregivers, to convey significant, clinically relevant information for the care of Veteran;
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593568300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.