This is an extended vacancy announcement. The purpose of this announcement is to solicit and collect resumes to develop applicant pools which may be used as vacancies occur within the DFAS I&T organization. If you apply for this announcement, you will only be considered for vacancies matching the criteria specified in your application throughout the closing date of the announcement. To ensure consideration for future vacancies, submit your application early.Learn more about this agency
- Uses Project Management skills to support, plan, track, and update progress throughout the software development life cycle for both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participates in systems requirement reviews and systems crucial design reviews, and coordinates with customer/functional representatives and other technical personnel to clarify requirements.
- Identifies how system modifications or new systems or subsystems affect current systems; prepares cost analysis; establishes target completion dates; and prioritizes proposed system changes or developments.
- Coordinates with technical support personnel and customer representatives for software development implementation schedules and deployment to production.
- Prepares system documentation and recommendations for improving software development and configuration management processes in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593522200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.