The incumbent works as a member of a team of miner mechanics, technicians and professionals that conduct health and safety investigations in mining environments by installing, maintaining and operating mechanical, electrical and electronic instruments and machines; and installing and maintaining electrical and electronic circuitry.Learn more about this agency
- Install, maintain and operate mechanical, electrical and electronic instruments and machines; and install and maintain electrical and electronic circuitry.
- Conduct equipment modifications in a mining environment, in order to meet specific experimental, engineering and testing requirements.
- Use and maintain equipment in a mine environment.
- Day-to-day safety compliance with the operation of and activities in a Research Coal Mine.
- Knowledge of explosive materials necessary for research and mining operations.
- Receives instructions and conducts research studies in explosives, fire prevention and health and safety studies in the mining and minerals industry.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593503900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.