THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION THAT REQURES MILITARY MEMBERSHIP.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT PROPELLER MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1069000and is part of the MS 1108 TASMG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT PROPELLER MECHANIC, WG-8810-10, you will serve as shop chief over a small organizational segment in the Logistics function of the Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF)/Aviation Classification Repair Activity Depot (AVCRAD), with responsibility for the overall shop operation. Oversees and directs the work of one or more Aircraft Propeller Mechanics, WG-8810-10, who are assigned to the shop.
1. Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s). Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner. Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures. Estimates time, equipment and material requirements. Devises and maintains plans and records. Provides recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, and leave.
2. Performs the full range of shop work.
3. Performs in-process, final inspection, and clear status symbols certifying work performed by others in shop.
4. Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that other workers in the shop wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
5. Prepares for, and participates in, various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. Performs additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment. Serves as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593418900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.