This position is located in the National Agricultural Library (NAL), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent applies knowledge of digital information delivery, library policies, collection development and general library rules and procedures, and an understanding of library users in a rapidly changing digital environment.
- Maintains awareness of current developments in library automation and technical services through professional development and continuous improvement activities
- Develops new resources for key audiences, tests with market research, and follow trends on new tools available to support resource development
- Contributes to the development of NAL?s services in literature searching (including systematic reviews, structured searches, rapid reviews, retrospective reviews, etc.) and citation analysis (including bibliometrics, data visualization, etc.).
- Creates, manages, and enhances data representing NAL?s digital and physical collections. Supports collection, organization and availability of information on NAL websites.
- Responsible for collection development in the specialized fields of water quality, natural resources, alternative farming, rural information, and LTAR.
- Prepares reports as needed or requested; maintains statistics; forecasts usage patterns and identifies potential areas of growing demand.
- Interacts with customers to answer questions, provide information about NAL?s collections, content, programs and services, recommend avenues for investigation or refer to likely sources of assistance.
- Analyzes search-related data and keywords, shifts in research topics, and customer information- seeking behavior to spot trends and identify opportunities for improving NAL collections, programs and services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593273400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.