There are two positions being filled from this vacancy. One on the Mendocino National Forest and one on the Tahoe National Forest.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a District Ranger with responsibility for the management of the resources, goods, and services of a designated area on a National Forest.
For additional information about these positions please contact Ann Carlson at 530-934-1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.(Mendocino NF) or Liz Berger at 530-478-6201 or email@example.com. (Tahoe NF)
- Directly responsible for the development, production, conservation, and utilization of the natural resources of forests and associated lands of the District.
- Serves as a key member of the Forest Leadership Team to formulate plans, policies, and objectives for the Forest.
- Makes recommendations and provides information concerning dependent communities and industry.
- Implements and executes the Forest Plan.
- Oversees preparation of draft environmental impact statements including identification of goals and plan of action.
- Coordinates resource management planning activities.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with local, county, and State representatives, special interest groups, civic groups, private industry, Tribal government, permittees, and the general public.
- Is responsible for program management, planning, budgeting and management information (PBMI) for identifying work force and organizational needs, and district priorities.
- Supervises the District staff.
- Plans and directs the overall work of the unit performed through subordinate supervisors, team leaders, committee chairs or comparable similar personnel.
- Hears and resolves minor complaints and group grievances from nonsupervisory personnel.
- Provides leadership, allocates resources, and implements activities to accomplish Forest Service multicultural organization direction and Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights requirements, goals, policies, and objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593159000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.