In this position you will assist higher graded technical or professional employees performing a variety of daily tasks, using independent judgment to determine which problems can be handled and which should be referred to a higher level professional employee.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Board aircraft to inspect for and to remove prohibited or restricted items such as plants, fruits, plant pests and animal products which are regulated under applicable Quarantine laws.
- Initial screening of air passengers' baggage at preclearance counters or upon customs referral for plant and animal products and removal when found.
- Proper safeguarding and transporting intercepted contraband materials to a designated inspection point for further pest detection by the professional staff.
- Removal of garbage or contraband refuse from aircraft or inspection locations for transport to proper disposal facilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592952100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.