Learn more about this agency
The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Livestock & Poultry (LP) program is responsible for formulating and administering policies for marketing services and regulatory activities related to commodity grading and certification for meat, eggs and poultry.
The following locations may be eligible for a recruitment incentive:
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Designated contact with plant management to coordinate the grading/inspection activities.
- Examine product to determine adherence with contracts, such as grade, weight, packing and quantity.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports related to production data and grading results.
- Trains selected plant personnel to grade according to U.S. standards.
- Grades different types of poultry and eggs, by applying official standards and regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592897700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.