About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here or more information on Pathways program participation.Learn more about this agency
This intern position is designed to prepare a student trainee for employment after graduation in positions such as a Park Ranger or Natural Resources Specialist. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
- Pathways Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Inspect areas for needed repairs or maintenance.
- Use Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Read automated instrumentation (such as, traffic/people counters).
- Provide information to visitors in a clear, understandable manner.
- Utilize communication skills to respond to phone calls and visitors.
- Provide information about recreation opportunities, services, special events, or programs to the public.
- Help develop informational materials for natural, historical or cultural programs, publications or exhibits.
- Assist In prepare displays for posting on project bulletin boards.
- At the full-performance level, such as the GS-09 or GS-11, you will be expected to:
- Prescribe and implement resource management actions that promote biodiversity and native species re-establishment.
- Advise visitors concerning safety, fire prevention, and proper use of recreations facilities.
- Develop and conduct interpretive talks and guided tour programs.
- Assist with the coordination of short-range planning and execution of all activities related to recreation and park administration.
- Participate in conservation, preservation, restoration and use of project natural and cultural resources.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592638600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.