This position is established as the Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO), located in the Office of Management (OM), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Personnel Management (OPM). The incumbent of this position provides the executive leadership required to manage the OIG's entire information technology (IT) program. This includes data management, system administration, and cybersecurity functions that provide a wide variety of IT services to the OIG staff nationwide.Learn more about this agency
- Plan, coordinate, and provide the executive leadership required to maintain an OIG-wide information technology program. The CITO works in strategic partnership with the Deputy Assistant IG for Management on issues affecting the OIG;
- Responsible for establishing the mission, long-term and short-term goals for the IT strategies; for planning and implementing an organizational structure appropriate to the overall mission;
- Prioritize IT activities and objectives of the entire OIG; assessing project feasibility, assessing resources required, and working with the OM budget and resources managers to fund projects and initiatives;
- Direct development and maintenance of the various OIG data warehouse and information systems utilized by the OIG staff;
- Responsible for the establishment and implementation of an effective enterprise architecture necessary for supporting the vast program oversight areas of the OIG;
- Responsible for leading, coordinating, communicating and integrating the OIG IT systems and ensuring that the systems effectively meet customer needs;
- Serves as the expert advisor to the Inspector General on matters of IT and represents the OIG at meetings and conferences with other OIG officials, other government agencies, professional organization, and industry experts;
- Responsible for the analysis and implementation of a Privacy Impact Assessment to include the consequences of the collection and flow of information;
- The incumbent is also responsible for the implementation and compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014;
- Responsible for the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of an organization wide data governance program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592567800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.