This position is with the U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Inspector General in Washington, District of Columbia. As the Communication Coordinator, you will have an important role in enhancing information sharing within and external to the OIG by coordinating and distributing work products.Learn more about this agency
As the Communication Coordinator, GS-0301-13, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring OIG reports and work products are free of error, cleared by appropriate OIG executives and subject matter experts, are Section 508 compliant, and are posted to meet internal and Congressional mandates for issuance.
- Analyzing work products and associated reviewer comments for internal and external audiences' understanding. Formulating written products in a suitable form for top level decisions and to express information to individuals or groups, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g., technical, sensitive, or controversial).
- Serving as the OIG's Section 508 Compliance Officer by ensuring all public-facing work products comply with Section 508 and plain language requirements.
- Assisting with the tracking of cases in the internal OIG Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) tracking system.
- Serving as a key liaison with external customers (such as the public, media, or Congressional staff concerning OIG work and information and records dissemination that encompass verbal, written, electronic, and telephonic communications.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592559500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.