Office of Chief Data Officer is responsible for leading the development of SEC's data management strategy and priorities; enabling data analytics to support enforcement, examinations, and policymaking; ensuring that the agency collects only the data needed to fulfill its mission and can effectively secure.Learn more about this agency
OCDO includes the Information Services Branch, which delivers information expertise and a high-quality portfolio of business, law, and finance resources to support mission critical work.
If selected, you will report the Chief Librarian and serve as a Senior Librarian, specializing in acquisitions librarianship.
Typical duties include:
- Serves as Senior Librarian with expertise in the fields of government contracting and procurement of data and information products and services.
- Leads the Library's procurement activities for data and information resources on behalf of the SEC nationwide.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) on data and information source contracts.
- Understands the nature and content of the resources procured and also provides recommendations for the continuation or the cancellation of these resources.
- Resolves complex acquisitions problems and applies knowledge of current issues and trends in data and information resource acquisitions to improve operations and services.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and goals related to the procurement of data and information products and services to continuously improve efficiencies and workflow.
- Tracks funds allocated, committed, and obligated and monitors the Library's acquisitions budget.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592465900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.