This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), The OIG's mission is to protect the integrity of DFC's programs and operations. Additionally, the OIG provides independent oversight that promotes the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of foreign assistance programs and operations under DFC OIG's jurisdiction while striving to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse. The incumbent of this position will serve as the Assistant Inspector General (Investigation).Learn more about this agency
- Provides executive staff assistance to the Inspector General through broad evaluation of program status and strategic program planning activity.
- Prioritize the broad spectrum of allegations referred to the IG in light of applicable laws, regulations and judicial opinions.
- Determine the extent and depth of allegations to warrant the allocation of investigative resources and or whether there may be potential for criminal, civil or administrative action.
- Serves as a senior advisor to the IG on a full range of investigative, management and administrative issues to establish and implement OIG's strategic vision, mission, and goals.
- Plans, coordinates, conducts, completes, and reports on routine as well as complex, high-profile, and sensitive investigations.
- Determines facts and develops evidence to establish the extent and nature of the alleged violation being investigated.
- Coordinates the planning and operations of investigations and maintains open communications and provision of timely and accurate responses to inquiries from participating and/or affected organizations.
- Provides supervision, advice, counsel, direction and instruction to subordinate supervisors and staff related to investigate activities.
- Serves as the IGs representative on interagency investigations and projects. Represents the OIG in meetings, conferences, and presentations involving a wide range of participants such as Congress, regulatory or law enforcement agencies; state, local, national, or international government offices; the media; private industry; and the OIG community.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592345800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.