This position is located in the Office of Information Technology within CMS, in Woodlawn, MD.Learn more about this agency
As the Director, Application Management Group, Office of Information Technology, you will provide executive leadership in the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of multiple systems/applications. These systems include systems that support a wide range of agency programs, customers, and users, both internal and external to the agency.
- Provides executive leadership efforts to modernize both technology and processes to meet the constantly changing needs of the organization and stakeholders.
- Directs system analyses regarding the development, testing, implementation and modernization efforts.
- Provides executive leadership in the testing, validation, and monitoring of each application?s deployments to production or releases, including Go/No Go decisions.
- Provides operational and production oversight of each fee-for-service and other applications.
- Develops, documents detailed requirements and implements new applications or application changes in response to new or changing HIPAA standard operating rules.
- Oversees the development and conduct of project, product, and investment management functions for all applications under purview, including applicable system interfaces.
- Manages controls and validates interfacing systems processing, including rejected transactions.
- Develops and maintains national Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requirements for the Medicare Program in response to HIPAA standards and operating rules.
- Collaborates with business owners and other stakeholders to review change requests for each system to establish priorities and schedules, working through Change Control Boards, if applicable.
- Develops and issues specifications and requirements related to Medicare implementation of paper and EDI standards and operating rules for claims, electronic funds transfer, remittance advice, eligibility, and other administrative transactions.
- Leads the development and maintenance of daily, weekly, and other testing, deployment, and overall system performance reports for each system.
- Leads efforts to manage application problems, including communication to stakeholders and analyzing trends to continuously improve problem management and response.
- Manages, controls, and validates interfacing systems processing, including rejected transactions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592319000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.