This position is located in a Forest Service research unit. The position provides technical assistance to professional and technical research personnel by accomplishing biological support work.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Richard Mackenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performs technical assignments consisting of routine laboratory and/or field experiments that require the use of accepted, standardized laboratory or field practices.
- Assists in the acquisition of field data by measuring and recording pertinent biological information peculiar to the specific assignment.
- Establishes routine laboratory and greenhouse studies following accepted procedures and planned statistical designs, collects and records study data, and applies treatments under controlled laboratory conditions
- Assist higher grade employees in setting up and operating standard equipment used in performing laboratory tests and making scientific measurements and observations of sample materials gathered from experimental field plots.
- Performs routine and repetitious laboratory tests and operations such as preparation of culture media, transfer of stock fungi cultures, maintenance of culture and isolation records, determination of moisture content.
- Operates a variety of scientific and laboratory instruments, apparatus, and office machines. This may include dissecting and compound microscopes, environmental chambers, balances, and calculating and adding machines.
- Observes and records expected responses in experiments and keeps aware of factors and situations included in experiments to ensure against error and to increase the reliability of the results obtained.
Occasional travel - 1 - 2 times per year to other forest Service offices and professional meetings and conferences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592251100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.