Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
During the current period of maximum telework required by the Agency’s COVID-19 response, full-time telework is available, including for the onboarding process. When it is determined the Agency will be moving to the reopening phase, this position will be physically stationed in Alexandria, VA, and will remain telework-eligible consistent with USPTO policies. For this position, full time telework consistent with our policies is available after an introductory period of one year forinternal candidates and two years for external candidates.
This position is located in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
As an Interlocutory Attorney in the TTAB, the duties are, but not limited to:
- Analyzing the legal issue in question, developing the strategy to deal with the legal issue, and determining the content and means of delivery of the completed analysis of the legal issue.
- Managing interlocutory matters in oppositions, cancellations and concurrent use cases at the TTAB.
- Serving as a recognized expert in the procedural and substantive aspects of the law, mentoring and coaching others.
- Independently deciding and issuing orders on all procedural and substantive motions that are not potentially dispositive of the proceeding, such as motions to amend pleadings, motions to compel and motions to strike evidence.
- Consulting with and drafing decisions for Administrative Trademark Judges on all procedural and substantive motions that are potentially dispositive of the proceeding, such as motions to dismiss, motions for judgment on the pleadings, and motions for summary judgment.
- Working with Administrative Trademark Judges and the top management of the TTAB, as well as the top management and/or attorneys of other private and public organizations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592225200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.