The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, Landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native American, Alaska Natives and affiliated Islanders.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE), Interior Regions 1 & 2, Technical Support Division, Engineering and Mine Map Services Branch (EMMSB) in Green Tree, Pennsylvania..
At the full performance level (GS-11) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Performs acquisition and back-up services to provide mine map collection.
2. Serves as the project coordinator for in-house, contractual, or co-operative processing of large collections of mine maps for photomicrography and scanning.
3. Performs or leads the archival of mine maps obtained from many sources in accordance with guidelines established by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), OSMRE, EMMSB, and the National Mine Map Repository (NMMR).
4. Generates mine map scans on various media for archive centers and State repositories.
5. Responds to inquiries from the general public and representatives from local, State, and Federal agencies, consulting firms, private coal and non-coal operators/companies, non-profits, and realtors working to identify mining hazards.
The OSMRE has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
GS-09: $55,023-71,529 per annum.
GS-11: $66,573-86,549 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592200300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.