View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
These positions are non-bargaining unit positions.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As a Criminal Investigator (SA), you will perform the following duties at the full performance level:
- Serve as a Special Agent (SA) for interagency, multi-jurisdictional, international, or inter-organizational inquiries and investigations.
- Conduct investigations of marked difficulty and responsibility associated with trade, travel, finance, and immigration for combatting illicit activities associated with individuals, businesses, employers, criminal organizations or criminal conspiracies, and cyber systems and networks.
- Utilize intelligence, investigative techniques, and legal authorities to conduct investigations.
- Apply knowledge of the trends, laws and investigative case development independently or with other agencies to attain results. Prepare written documentation utilizing expert knowledge in support of investigations.
- Conduct complex investigations of transnational criminal networks and/or experience investigating sophisticated money laundering activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592136100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.