This position is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Office of Inspector General (OIG), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Washington, DC. The Inspector General heads an independent and objective organization responsible for audit, investigation, fraud control and designated security services related to programs and operations of the Department.Learn more about this agency
As the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), we remain an independent and objective organization, conducting and supervising audits, evaluations, and investigations relating to the Department's programs and operations. We promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in these programs and operations as we also strive to prevent and detect fraud, abuse, and mismanagement. We are committed to keeping the HUD Secretary, Congress, and our stakeholders fully and currently informed about challenges and deficiencies and the necessity for and progress of corrective actions. We invite you to join HUD OIG, where we are guided by five shared core values of accountability, courage, respect, stewardship, and trust. These core values serve as the framework for all of our work.
As a Chief Information Officer, you will:
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Inspector General on matters pertaining to Information Technology and Information Security.
- Be responsible for enabling efficient and effective communications and information sharing.
- Assist with the management of all aspects of information technology strategic planning and evaluating core computing functions for management by HUD, government partners or private sector vendors.
- Assist with the coordination of services among division Directors to ensure effectiveness of purpose and efficient use of resources.
- Conduct reviews for compliance founded on awareness of existing regulations and best practices.
25% or less - Must be willing to travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592126500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.