The VA Capitol Health Care Network (VISN 5 Network Office) is looking for a high-performing individual to serve the VISN 5 Financial Quality Assurance Manager (FQAM). Mission and Vision of the FQAM Program: To support a culture of continuous improvement by supporting the overall integrity and accountability of the Veterans Health Administration's financial reporting process and corresponding results.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent develops and recommends efficient general management and administrative practices. Work involves planning, administering, and evaluating the VISN 5 FQAM activities at the facility and VISN level including working with stations to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives.
VHA 1733 Directive Finance Quality Assurance Review Program: VISN Program Manager ensures the reviews are performed, reported per the directive and monitors corrective actions. Performance of the reviews is a shared responsibility with the Medical Centers.
The financial reporting process includes (but is not limited to) Finance, Logistics, and Capital Asset Management. The VISN 5 FQAM Audit Team is aligned under the Deputy Network Director (DND).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as VISN 5 PIIA (IPERA) Primary Point of Contact.
- FQAM is an active member of the National FQAM Committee. Attend monthly Team Meetings are scheduled the second Thursday of the month at 1 pm Eastern.
- Conducts reviews currently performed by the VISN 5 FQAM Program. (List is not all inclusive, but an example of the various financial and business office processes examined for compliance with VA Policies and Directives).These are internal reviews reported at the VISN Level.
- State Veteran Home Payment Per Diem Review
- Fleet Card Reconciliation Transaction Review
- Monthly Real Property Recording Reviews (Timely Capitalization)
- Personal Funds of Patients Dormant Accounts
- Environmental Liability and Deferred Maintenance Recording Review
- Monthly Financial Reconciliation Upload Verification
- Attend weekly DND Program Managers Meeting, monthly VISN Leadership meetings, and other meetings as necessary to successful perform the duties as the VISN FQAM
- Plan and conduct comprehensive audits
- Develops and implements and evaluates an annual review schedule for the VISN.
- Determines/recommends areas in need of improvement and provides the appropriate tools for improvement
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telework: May be authorized (within VISN 5 catchment area) for highly qualified individual
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD07083O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591881000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.