This vacancy is also advertised under announcement number HHS-OIG-ES-0511-21-11021811.Learn more about this agency
As a member of the OAS executive team, you will lead a rapidly expanding area and support a top priority of the Administration, to reduce fraud, waste and abuse in Medicare. You will provide oversight, direction and accountability for audits of the Medicare Program and be accountable for legal compliance in the use of appropriated funds consistent with the mission of the agency.
ResponsibilitiesThe Office of Audit Services (OAS) examines the performance of HHS programs and/or HHS grantees and contractors in implementing their responsibilities and provides independent assessments of HHS programs and operations. These assessments help reduce waste, abuse, and mismanagement and promote economy and efficiency throughout HHS. OAS conducts audits using its own resources and oversees audit work done by others. We audit internal HHS groups/offices, and external entities such as state and local governments and individuals and facilities in private industry associated with HHS programs (for example, physician offices, hospitals, etc.). We conduct our work in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States; the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996; applicable Office of Management and Budget circulars; and other legal, regulatory, and administrative requirements.
As a member of the OAS senior executive team, under the general direction of the Deputy Inspector General for Audit Services, you will be responsible for Medicare audits and related areas of operation.
In carrying out these responsibilities, you will lead and provide executive guidance to staff on programs and operations dealing with an audit program portfolio and the Regional Inspectors General (RIGs) who carry out audit activities in their assigned geographic area or program portfolio. Specifically, you will:
- Conduct and oversee audits of the operations and programs of assigned portfolio.
- Ensure all assigned Department Management responsibilities and activities are carried out efficiently and effectively while maintaining the financial integrity of Departmental operations.
- Oversee the internal quality assurance system, including periodic quality control reviews, to provide reasonable assurance that applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, standards and other requirements are followed for audit activities under your purview.
- Represent the Deputy Inspector General for Audit Services or other senior officials in contacts with the Government Accountability Office and/or other Government organizations in connection with findings in assigned program areas. You may serve as liaison between the Department and other parties for the purpose of exchanging information of mutual benefit related to health care audit issues.
- Serve as an expert and consultant to the OIG and OAS advisors and leaders to conceive, plan, and manage audit and financial functions, including critical, large-scale programs of national and international scope. Advisory efforts will focus on audit and financial program development.
- Advise, teach, and coach culturally-appropriate continuous process improvement principles and procedures. Assist counterparts in stimulating a process of continuous improvement of audit and financial operations in order to determine appropriate internal controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591674200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.