This position will assist senior specialists in providing technical support in one or more of FAS's areas of responsibility: coordinate and implement agricultural and natural resource capacity building and reconstruction and stabilization projects; provide science-based training and technical assistance to policy makers, the private sector, and foreign countries; and/or negotiate and coordinate agreements between USDA agencies and institutions.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Administers international capacity building and scientific excahnge programs.
- Drafts and proofreads documents for accuracy as well as advising management on policies and procedures.
- Expertise in grants and contracts management, including working with stakeholders.
- Provides advice to senior leaders, mentors, and leads junior staff in program and grants management services.
- Analyzes and develops strategies for addressing agricultural trade capacity issues.
- Drafts briefing papers and presents recommendations to senior management.
- Drafts briefing papers, issue papers and other documents pertaining to agricultural issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591545900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.