This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), in Washington, D.C., The OIG's mission is to protect the integrity of DFC's programs and operations. Additionally, the OIG provides independent oversight that promotes the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of DFC programs and operations to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse. The incumbent of this position will serve as the Assistant Inspector General (Audit).Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe Incumbent of this position will:
- Conduct audit reviews related to the programs and operations of an agency to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse related to those programs and operations; makes recommendations concerning legislative and policy initiatives and keeps the Congress and Board of Directors fully and promptly informed on problems and deficiencies in the programs and operations of the agency.
- Manage the planning, supervision, and the conduct of complex, novel, high-profile, and highly sensitive audits, evaluations, and special project reviews of agency programs and operations.
- Procure services and manages contracts as needed to met DFC audit needs.
- Provide oversight of the private capital industry providing foreign assistance, and internal DFC financial, administrative, and information technology (IT) activities.
- Provide direction and leadership for the development of strategies for the planning and implementation of major programs of significant scope and impact.
- Serve as part of OIG senior leadership; formulates and implements plan to improve program policies, practices, methods, and organizational structure.
- Assign responsibilities for carrying out objectives; coordinates and directs the work among organizations' units; set performance targets; and ensures completion in accordance with set objectives.
- Prepare, updates and communicates OIG audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable professional standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591334700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.