As a Supervisory Plant Protection and Quarantine Officer, you serve in a vital role protecting the health, welfare and agricultural economy of the United States of America and to facilitate agricultural exports. You will supervise a staff of professional employees (e.g., Officers), administrative and a substantial, fluctuating work force of permanent and temporary technical/aid level employees in the Agricultural Quarantine Inspection (AQI) and Domestic programs.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Implements regulatory, treatment, and/or inspection programs in order to facilitate exports of agricultural products.
- Plans and manages the technical approach for inspections, treatments, survey/eradication programs, and quarantine applications.
- Plans and organizes the work and training of subordinate employees; administers overtime; approves leave of subordinate employees.
- Prepares annual budget within given allocations ensuring supplies, equipment, and facilities are sufficient for program needs.
- Evaluates and reviews the work of the subordinates and formulates work accomplishment reports.
- Determines when additional staffing is required; initiates recruitment requests, conducts interviews, and makes selections.
- Conducts program assessments and develops long-range work plans at local levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591219700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.