This position serves as the Chief of the Office and is responsible for the management and staff supervision of the Office, reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and serves as a senior advisor to the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Executive Officer in the areas of patient safety, clinical quality improvement, and performance measurement programs, and patient safety event reporting and feedback. This position also serves as the Executive Secretary for the CC's Medical Executive Committee.Learn more about this agency
- Providing leadership and direction to the organizational patient safety strategy.
- Creating the strategic direction for the Office and determining the necessary goals, objectives, and initiatives to achieve the strategic direction.
- Managing significant resources allocated to the Office including identifying and justifying needs for additional resources.
- Developing, evaluating, and adjusting organizational structures and management systems for the work managed.
- Identifying institutional clinical care/patient care issues that require intervention; developing approaches to intervention and working to resolve problems and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Forming cross-functional teams to address issues that relate to patient care, patient safety, and clinical quality.
- Ensuring the collection and interpretation of data related to the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
- Making recommendations regarding ways to improve both specific program activities and the overall organization and functions to stimulate and support the development of high quality in the national research endeavor.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590993800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.