This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. Please contact VHAMIWEDRP@va.gov for more information.Learn more about this agency
VA Illiana Health Care System is currently seeking a full-time Addiction Psychiatrist for our Substance Use Disorder program based in Danville, IL and servicing our main facility and CBOC (Community Based Outpatient Clinics). Will serve as 50% with addictions and 50% BHIP-outpatient
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, with substance use disorder or other addictions, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who have comorbid mental illness as well as psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management (medication assisted therapy), suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, psychosocial treatment and overall care of patients with substance use, addiction, and comorbid psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with TJC, CARF, HIPPA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- The Psychiatrist may serve as a mental health team leader with responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the psychiatric residency program, performs on call duties, and performs other directly related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm or 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Telework/virtual eligible and will be discussed during interviews
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: Annual leave at the rate of eight (8) hours per biweekly pay period; Sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per biweekly pay period; 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Incentives: Possible signing bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment up to $120K for eligible debt.
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory.
CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting.
Take a look at VA's Top 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VA and VHA Physician's Brochure
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590957000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.