About the Position: Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the US Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions. Work schedule will initially be arduous, with much overtime. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to using a sleeping bag or in the vehicle used to move from location to location. The duty station for pay purposes for these positions is Kennewick, WA.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct engineering and/or physical science investigations of natural and/or emergency projects.
- Prepare a variety of reports by conducting research, field investigations, lab analysis, library research, regarding the natural disaster/emergency.
- Set up and maintain a morgue to house the remains of those individuals who did not survive the natural disaster/emergency.
- Investigate the best way to handle the remains of any deceased individuals who's final resting place or artifacts may have been disturbed.
- Determine the best method to establish wildlife habitats that may have been destroyed.
75% or less - Business Travel required up to 75% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590716400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.