DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled through the office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Government-Wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens. Since the Direct-Hire Recruitment Authority is being used, traditional Veterans' Preference rules do not apply. Qualified Veterans will, however, be given full consideration for this position.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary (OS), National Invasive Species Council (NISC), located in Washington, DC. This position can be filled in Washington, DC or Fort Collins, CO.
At the full performance level (GS-15) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads and facilitates inter-agency coordination necessary to implement and advance priority activities, policies, and projects relevant to the work and priorities of NISC.
- Collates and provides scientific and technical information and positions on policy matters necessary to enable the senior leadership of NISC to make well-informed decisions on invasive species issues.
- Advises the Executive Director and NISC leadership on specific scientific and technical invasive species issues. This includes preparing relevant reports and other briefing documents.
- Provides strategic direction for and implementation of priority activities as identified in NISC work plans and by NISC leadership and the Executive Director.
- Participates on committees, task forces, and other coordinating bodies and attends professional meetings as assigned by the Executive Director to advance NISC priorities.
- Identifies and advances opportunities for collaborative engagement with relevant non-federal initiatives and fora that are in line with NISC work plans and priorities.
Salary Information - First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
GS-14: $122,530 - $159,286
GS-15: $144,128 - $172,500
Fort Collins, CO:
GS-14: $119,384 - $155,196
GS-15: $140,428 - $172,500
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
Occasional travel - 2-4 nights every 2 months may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590698200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.