THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a contracting professional, you will be responsible for the procurement of highly specialized equipment, components and systems for high-rise buildings and their operating systems, the construction of specialized equipment or special purpose buildings, information technology equipment and systems, professional or technical services, and/or a variety of supplies.Learn more about this agency
This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a severe shortage of candidates. We have a severe shortage of qualified applicants for our Contract Specialist positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-11 through GS-15 levels
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential)
- Supervisory and non-supervisory opportunities will vary
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions and grade levels vary by location. Promotion potential varies by position.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview. For questions about
the selection process, contact the following:
- Greater Southeast Region - AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN: 404-331-3186
- New England Region - CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT: HRBoston@gsa.gov
- Great Lakes Region - IL, IN, OH, MI, MN, WI: 312-353-5547
- Rocky Mountain Region - CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY: email@example.com
- Greater Southwest Region - AR, LA, NM, OK, TX: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heartland Region -IA, KS, MO, NE: 816-926-8395
- Northeast & Caribbean Region - NJ, NY, VI, PR: 212-264-5557
- Mid-Atlantic Region - DE, MD, PA, VA, WV: 215-446-4973
- Pacific Rim Region - AZ, CA, NV, HI: email@example.com
- Northwest Arctic Region - AK, ID, OR, WA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-931-7742
- Washington, DC (Central Office/National Capital Region):
-Public Buildings Service: Kevin Towe, 202-341-6663
-Federal Acquisition Service: Amina Hamilton, 202-969-5593
-Staff offices: Susan Lewis, 202-316-9547
-Office of Technology Transformation Service: Stephanie Bernstein, 215-446-4691
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006, or email@example.com.
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
As a contracting professional, you will be responsible for the procurement of highly specialized equipment, components and systems for high-rise buildings and their operating systems, the construction of specialized equipment or special purpose buildings, information technology equipment and systems, professional or technical services, and/or a variety of supplies.
Your duties at the GS-11 and GS-12 may also include:
- Pre/post-award and termination activities, such as: analyzing requirements, recommending revisions to statements of work/specifications, determining the appropriate type of contract, establishing milestones, procurement planning, conducting post-award and contractual terminations, initiating briefings with contractors to ensure full understanding of terms, handling modifications, resolution of issues related to non-compliance, and the termination process.
- Developing, implementing and analyzing data requirements for planning and measurement systems
- Analyzing performance of procurement activities against various procurement indicators and goals
- Analyzing data to determine trends
- Assistance in tracking/monitoring contract actions to ensure compliance with GSA policy, administrative procedures, regulations, and statutes
Your duties at the GS-13, GS-14 and GS-15 may also include:
- Pre/Post Award contracting functions that help clients achieve results and meet their mission.
- Identifying procurement objectives and methodologies; developing statements of work; performing analyses of elements of cost; making competitive range determinations; conducting pre-proposal conferences; planning comprehensive negotiation strategy; coordinating with technical experts, leading negotiations and awarding contracts
- Developing, coordinating, and revising a wide variety of Government-wide procurement policies, reviewing proposed changes to existing regulations and determining whether they should be addressed
- Providing principal policy advice, analyzing comments and proposed legislative changes
- Developing and presenting presentations and defending complex and often controversial positions which are subject to considerable Congressional scrutiny and preparing expert response to Congressional correspondence
- Identifying and analyzing acquisition process problems, trends, and emerging needs. Formulating and justifying new statutory initiatives to address unique problems, to meet newly emerging acquisition needs, and to resolve critical procurement process problems
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
11 - Availability of positions at each of the grade levels indicated varies by location. Therefore, not all grade levels are available at each location. Additionally, the promotion potential of each position will vary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590685600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.