This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, Office of Research Integrity, located in Rockville, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
"This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19"
**This announcement will be remain open for 5 business days OR until the first 200 applications have been received, whichever happens first.**
- Serve as a Health Scientist and manage all activities related to handling allegations of research misconduct in biomedical research.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and expertise to perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of institutional research misconduct proceedings, including investigation reports, for completeness and consistency.
- Evaluate evidence and prepare cases to support findings of research misconduct and recommends administrative actions.
- Provide technical assistance and information on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and ORI policies to institutions that respond to allegations of research misconduct.
- Explain complex scientific data and concepts to scientists and lay audiences through clear oral and written communications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590616100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.