The Department of Energy is seeking motivated and highly-qualified candidates for exciting positions available in multiple locations throughout the United States.
The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
To learn more about the Department of Energy, please visit the website at www.energy.gov.
Learn more about this agency
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work involving:
- construction, renovation, inspection, decommissioning, and/or demolition of structures, infrastructures, and their environmental systems above or under the earth's surface;
- investigation and evaluation of the earth's physical, natural, and man-made features; and/or
- transportation, utilities, building and construction industries.
Civil engineering work involves the generation and/or application of theories, principles, practical concepts, and processes related to:
- The science of civil engineering (including its materials, methods, systems, industry codes, and procedures) and the other traditional engineering science disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical);
- The art, techniques, and engineering design standards for the building, transportation, public works, and construction industries;
- Physical science disciplines (e.g., physics, chemistry, and materials science), advanced mathematics, and social science disciplines (e.g., economics and community planning); and/or
- Critical inquiry and scientific methodology.
As a Civil Engineer, at minimum you will:
- Provide advisory services in the planning and design process, and engineering management services for design, construction, sustainment, and decommissioning projects.
- Interpret design documents and oversee the proper execution of construction work.
- Involved in original and applied research activities conducted in laboratory settings or for organizations primarily concerned with testing, technology transfer activities, materials and instrumentation development, and modeling and computational analysis.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required, however, dependent upon the program office some positions may require a higher percentage of travel.
15 - Vacancies filled under this public notice may have varying levels of promotion potential and supervisory level, if any.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590552200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.