The Mid-level Manager provides technical and administrative supervision to subordinate Supervisors responsible for overseeing a substantial work force of officers and technician positions. The position has oversight of special projects, logistical planning, large-scale resource management, and multiple funding sources across several organizational units covering a large geographic area.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing Agricultural Quarantine Inspection (AQI) and/or Domestic programs as follows:
- Designs regulatory, survey, control, and/or eradication efforts.
- Represents Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) in cooperative programs.
- Develops survey, treatment, and/or inspection initiative in order to facilitate exports of agricultural products.
- Oversees the planning and management of inspections, treatments, and survey/eradication programs as well as the enforcement of quarantines.
- Provides guidance to the first-level supervisors who initiate and modify techniques and procedures to meet changing program requirements.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relations with customers, stakeholders, regulated entities, and other Federal and local governmental agencies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590488600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.