This position is located in the Office of Audits, Office of Inspector General (OIG), for the U.S. Department of State. OIG has statutory oversight responsibility covering the Department and U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). The Office of Audits provides auditing services that reflect the diversity of responsibilities in the foreign affairs community.Learn more about this agency
- Serving as a technical expert on audits that involve information management, information security, telecommunications, and information warfare issues in the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM).
- Planning, managing, and carrying out security penetration tests; assessing the adequacy of information security programs at the headquarter locations and oversea site.
- Preparing summary report and management briefings on technical issues raised during audits and evaluation.
- Reviewing technical adequacy of OIG audit reports that deal with information management, information security, telecommunications, and information warfare.
- Assessing the technical expert on audits that involve information management, information security, telecommunication and information warfare issue in the Department of State and U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM).
- Assesses computer system weaknesses such as network/web vulnerabilities configuration management problems, and Critical Infrastructure Protection deficiencies.
Occasional travel - Up to 3 weeks periodically (potentially).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590249200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.