The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direction of an RN. The LPN is responsible for observing, recording and reporting changes in the patient's condition, as well as assisting in the development and revision of the patient-driven holistic life care plan. The LPN requires a general review of their work by an RN for appropriateness and conformity with license, policies and procedures.Learn more about this agency
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direction of the Non-VA Care Coordination (NVCC) Program Manager and Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinators, with minimal supervision. The LPN responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Reviewing care in the community consults in accordance with VHA guidance in order to ensure that services requested and provided are appropriate, timely and cost effective.
- Completing clinical and administrative records and processing less clinically complex aspects of the program, under the general review of an RN, for appropriateness and conformity to licensure, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the upload and/or faxing of clinical documents by Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) to the CHOICE/PC3 Contractor (Tri-West) portal.
- Reviewing community provider medical records and the Tri-West portal, then uploads documentation into CPRS.
- Servicing as a care coordination liaison through frequent contacts via telephone or in-person with VA providers, Veterans and their family/significant others, community providers (Vendors) and Tri-West, to ensure authorized services are rendered and performed.
- Assists with the coordination of non-VA post-discharge needs, including prosthetics, home health, etc. to ensure the Veteran is discharged from the community care facility with the appropriate medical supplies/equipment.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Pay Schedule - LPN Special Salary Table VZ29
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590168800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.