Pay is commensurate with the candidate's experience and the hospital complexity level. VHA operates healthcare facilities across the country that range from small facilities in rural areas to large tertiary hospitals in urban areas with robust teaching and research programs.Learn more about this agency
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
The Executive Director Medical Center (Medical Center Director) is responsible to the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) Director. The position requires the effective and economical direction, control, and operation of the VA Medical Center (VAMC). The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full delegated line authority and responsibility for executive level management of the VAMC. Overall responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling, reviewing, evaluating, and improving medical, administrative, and support operations of the medical facility.
- Makes final decisions which have a direct and substantial impact on the healthcare organization and programs. Such decisions affect the nature, scope, and quality of patient care programs and activities.
- Establishes VAMC policies and procedures consistent with the VISN, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and VA corporate guidelines.
- Determines program goals and objectives, and develops short-range and long-range plans for achieving strategic direction consistent with the VISN, VHA and VA Strategic, Performance and Operating goals.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other Federal government agencies, local and state governments, community organizations and other health care providers in VAMC's service area.
- Fosters positive relations with the news media, Congressional staff, service organizations, and volunteer groups
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590046800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.