Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Secretary of the Air Force- (SecAF) certified promotion board recorder and provide wide-ranging personnel expertise and guidance in the conduct of over 200 annual boards to include: Reserve of the Air Force (ResAF) officer central promotion selection boards (Primary Purpose cont. Under Qualifications)...
- Performs as SecAF-certified Board Recorder working for the Secretary of the Air Force during selection board events.
- Acts as a post-board counselor for ResAF officers.
- Determines eligibility of AFR/ANG officers for mandatory and position vacancy (PV) promotion boards.
- Special Board/Special Selection Board (SB/SSB) SME. Researches and staffs SB/SSB cases for director's approval or referral to AFBCMR.
- Imparts ResAF officer promotion policy guidance (to individuals in field, for higher headquarters inquiries, for Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records [AFBCMRJ, and for high-level inquiries such as congressionals).
- Performs studies, projects and analyses.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589994100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.