The Deputy Associate Director for Flight Programs in the Earth Science Division (ESD) supports the implementation of ESD's $1.2B/year Flight portfolio. Residing in the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) at NASA Headquarters, ESD engages the Nation's science community, sponsors research, and develops and deploys instruments and satellites, in collaboration with domestic and international partners, to advance our scientific understanding of Earth as a system.Learn more about this agency
- Supports the Associate Director in the overall direction, guidance and management of ESD Flight program activities, including assessments of program budget, schedule, and technical performance
- Guides and directs a diverse team of civil servants, detailees and contractors in the execution of robotic missions, including formulation, implementation, launch, mission operations, and data analysis
- Reviews Flight program budgets during the annual Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process, and recommends adjustments based on performance, requirements, and Agency guidance
- Coordinates with SMD on the solicitation and selection of competed Earth Venture suborbital, instrument, mission, and continuity projects
- Collaborates with the ESD Director and Associate Directors for Flight, Research and Analysis, Technology, and Applied Sciences in support of strategic planning, interagency and international activities, and stakeholder requests
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589658400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.