The New York Harbor Healthcare System is looking for License Practical Nurses to assist with the COVID-19 pandemic in the various units. This is a temporary position not to exceed 120 days but may be extended based on agency's needs.Learn more about this agency
General LPN duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for adhering to established policies, procedures, standards of care and standards of practice, and for maintaining competencies consistent with role and responsibilities.
- Works under the supervision of the registered nurse who provides guidance and direction. Daily assignments are prepared by the registered nurse and reviewed with the licensed practical nurse.
- Documents in the medical record and reports observations and findings to the registered nurse and if appropriate, to the physician.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication with Veterans, families and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for individual nursing judgments and actions and acts as a patient advocate.
- Administers medications as ordered.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589425200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.