NOTE - Applications of eligible candidates will be referred as received. Referrals will continue until the vacancy is filled.Learn more about this agency
The Interior Designer position is located at the San Francisco VA Medical Center (SFVAMC). The incumbent provides consultation and advice on specifications and designs for all existing an approved construction as well as reviews plans for future construction planning. He or She is responsible for activating areas for major and minor category construction projects and influences the design of projects from conception through activation utilizing in-depth knowledge of space and furnishings.
Major Duties include:
- Prepare sketches, perspectives, or detailed plans to scale showing color schemes, furniture, furnishings and wall décor for all projects requiring interior design services.
- Monitors, modifies, and maintains an overall directional graphics and signage system for the Medical Center and CBOCs, utilizing consultants, contractors and expertise to meet the requirements of The Directional Graphics Manual for VA Medical Centers within VISN 21 and offers advice to signage consultant(s) as graphics relate to a hospital environment.
- Oversees and inspects the physical installation of products in construction and renovation projects as related to interior design in order to ensure contractual compliance.
- Initiates and responds to project related correspondence. Produces documentation, drawings, specifications, criteria and cost estimates necessary to procure services or products necessary to activate program into new or renovated space.
- Coordinates with Move Team required actions that occur as a result of the Capital Asset Planning Board. This includes coordination with the service involved, Engineering Sections, and contractors to ensure all moves are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains a list of short and long range interior-improvement projects for the facility and other programs to identify existing and future needs.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Full Time; Monday - Friday; 8:00 - 4:30pm
Telework: Authorized, as determined by agency
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Interior Designer/PD008925
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Travel will required as needed to our Health Care system CBOCs
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589402700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.