We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develops audit guides/programs covering highly complex functions of a major Department function or multi-mission activity, or develops segments of audit guides/programs for highly complex agency-wide or major corporation audits.
- Responsible for conducting interviews, reviewing records, and gathering data to achieve audit objectives.
- Prepares detailed working papers to document work accomplished.
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS); quality standards for Inspection and Evaluation (CIGIE); and the OAE policies and procedures; and complies with these standards for data analysis efforts.
- Communicates orally or in person and in writing, especially with audit management and auditees, including when views inconsistent with audit findings are presented.
Occasional travel - Five nights or less per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589339800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.