The OIG offers potential for advancement, excellent benefits, and numerous training opportunities. We are located in 13 states throughout the U.S. Please visit our website at http://www.ig.energy.gov.Learn more about this agency
As a Criminal Investigator with the DOE Office of Inspector General you will:
1. Independently plan, coordinate, direct, conduct and complete complex investigations into criminal and noncriminal matters involving violations of criminal and civil laws affecting DOE programs, contracts, and operations.
2. Use advanced investigative techniques involving, but not limited to, technical surveillance and undercover operations.
3. Determine facts and develop evidence to establish the extent and nature of the alleged violation being investigated.
4. Conduct thorough interviews in a fair and impartial manner with the objective of obtaining the most accurate and complete information.
5. Prepare and deliver written and oral communications such as investigative reports, depositions, affidavits, case briefings, testimony before Grand Juries and in other court proceedings.
50% or less - This position requires frequent travel (30%).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589299400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.