This position is located in the Information Technology Evaluation Division (ITED), Office of Evaluation, Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Learn more about this agency
As the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), we remain an independent and objective organization, conducting and supervising audits, evaluations, and investigations relating to the Department's programs and operations. We promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in these programs and operations as we also strive to prevent and detect fraud, abuse, and mismanagement. We are committed to keeping the HUD Secretary, Congress, and our stakeholders fully and currently informed about challenges and deficiencies and the necessity for and progress of corrective actions. We invite you to join HUD OIG, where we are guided by five shared core values of accountability, courage, respect, stewardship, and trust. These core values serve as the framework for all of our work.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conduct reviews, assessments and evaluations of HUD IT systems and IT security programs to assess compliance with applicable laws, federal regulations, standards, best practices, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance and other HUD policies.
- Assess IT management, operational and technical controls requiring the use of a variety of information security skills acquired through both education and experience.
- Research, conduct reviews and analysis of technical and evaluation data to formulate conclusions, and prepare a wide variety of written draft and final reports, management advisories and technical and analytical information papers.
- Apply technical skills and conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments and assess the adequacy of protection safeguards, contingency planning, continuous monitoring and incident response procedures.
- Conduct research and analyze a wide variety of complex IT Infrastructure and information security issues and provide recommendations for mitigating risks and improving IT efficiencies.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589196500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.