You will serve as a Wildlife Biologist in the Wildlife Management Branch for the Assistant Chief of Staff, Environmental Security of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON.Learn more about this agency
- You will assist the Supervisory Wildlife Biologist with wildlife and fisheries management, applying a broad range of wildlife conversation principles and techniques to managing populations of federal and state listed species and their habitats.
- You will assure implementation of and compliance with federal, state, and Department of Defense natural resource regulations, directives, policies, and procedures for the Base.
- You will interpret environmental laws with regard to training, construction, and facilities maintenance projects in compliance with applicable federal legislation and national programs for protection of natural resources.
- You will coordinate with conservation agencies, biological consultants, universities and private researchers to plan, develop and implement wildlife/fisheries populations and habitat management studies, surveys and improvement projects.
- You will serve as a technical expert on wildlife and fisheries matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589189800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.