As an Architect, you will be responsible for a wide variety of Design and Construction projects; to include projects established in response to a customer need for design and delivery of workspace that is a cost effective solution for the client agency’s challenges.
Location of position: Kansas City, MO, Region 6, Public Buildings Service, Design and Construction Division
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides architectural design and review of space requirements that accommodate efficient worker needs and functional requirements.
- Provides technical architectural design and construction advice to PBS team members and client agencies on the optimum mix of contract and in-house resources to meet existing and anticipated customer workplace requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned projects which may include coordinating with the GSA Federal Acquisition Service for products and supplies.
- Provides workspace projects as requested by agency's or by internal GSA/PBS entities. As Project Manager all projects will meet current and long range client/GSA program workspace goals and missions.
- Supports team processes and actively participates in identifying tasks, potential problems, the parameters of a viable solution, and task completion.
- Under management direction, analyzes unique agency requirements and formulates space layouts designed to ensure optimum performance of agencies’ specialized mission in GSA-controlled space.
- Manages all projects utilizing the Design and Construction (DCD) tools such as the DCD Process Guides, Electronic Project Managements systems (ePM), and Global Project Management tools (GPM).
- Serves as point of contact for project consultants providing assistance of on-site logistic and gathering of information, reviewing consultant work and seeking clarification; assisting with presentation of consultants work products to client agencies and provides regular feedback to the contract COTR regarding consultants performance.
- Conducts formal presentations for Federal to provide status as well as in house briefings.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589129100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.